How to Factory Reset HTC One M8 from Settings menu:
- Open the App Drawer.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on ‘Backup & Reset’.
- Next, tap on Reset Phone.
- Now you need to select ‘Erase all data’ in order to wipe all files such as media, documents, and other similar data files.
– if you want to wipe all the data that is stored on the storage card, then you need to make sure to select ‘erase SD card’.
- Press the OK button now.
Wait for your device to complete the tutorial. After the process is complete your device will reboot automatically.
How to Factory Reset HTC One M8 manually:
In case the above tutorial doesn’t work, then you should try the manual method.
- Go to Settings, then open Power.
- Go to Fast Boot option and disable it.
– continue to the next step only when you will apply the above step.
- Power off the smartphone completely.
- Now, press and hold Volume Down, then press and hold Power.
- When the HTC One M8 screen displays the three Android image you can release both buttons.
- Now, press Volume Down to select the ‘Factory Reset’ option.
- Press Power and confirm process.
After you’re done you can reboot the phone in normal mode.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully apply a Factory Reset for your smartphone.