If you are looking for a way to root it, so that you can remove the unwanted pre-installed bloat wares or for installing custom ROM firmware’s, you have found the right tutorial. Here, I have given step by step instructions to root Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 smartphone.
Prerequisites for Rooting:
1) The rooting process given here is not a data-loss process. So there is absolutely no need for taking backup’s of data. But if you still want to be on the safer side, take backup using appropriate apps.
2) Ensure that your device has a decent battery backup as sometimes the rooting process consumes a large amount of battery.
3) Download Samsung USB driver for your device and install it on the computer, so that you can connect your device with it.
4) Enable USB Debugging mode in your device by following the path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging (tick the box to enable it).
Guidelines to root Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2:
1) To get started, download iRoot (previously vRoot) and install it in your computer. Once you have done that, run the application in administrator mode.
2) Now you will be asked to connect your device to the computer. So, connect your device to the computer using the original USB Data cable in the USB Debugging mode.
3) Once done, click on the “Connect Device” button in the iRoot program. The application will try to connect your device to the computer. (If you have installed the Samsung USB Drivers properly, the connection will be successful).
4) Next, the iRoot program will show a big green “Root” button in the center of the window. Just click on it. The rooting process will begin and the iRoot will do all the necessary steps to root your device.
5) Once the rooting process is finished, your device will reboot automatically. Upon reboot, you will find the “SuperSU” app in your device.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting your Galaxy S Duos 2 smartphone. To verify, you can use the “Root checker” app. If you get any doubts regarding this tutorial, let me know using the comments section below.