Tata Zest is the first all-new product based on Tata Motors’ ‘DesigNext, DriveNext, ConnectNext’ philosophy. It was launched in Indian market on August 2014. It is a compact sedan which has been designed with inputs from the three design studios of Tata Motors – Pune, Conventry (UK) and Turin (Italy).
The exterior design is refreshing, looks compact and dynamic, plus that stubby boot section doesn’t seem like an afterthought. It may look a bit odd from certain angles, though.
PERFORMANCE & MILAGE
It is engineered to give a powerful drive. 1.2 litre turbocharged MPFi petrol engine, the powerful Revotron 1.2T delivers the best-in-class* power and torque of 90PS and 140 Nm between 1750-3500 RPM respectively. The built in multi-drive mode feature lets you switch between three different driving modes: Sport, Eco and City, giving you the power of 3 engines in 1. One can choose between an intelligent burst of power, maximum fuel efficiency and a perfect balance of both, by choice.
With the powerful and multi-award winning Quadrajet engine, its diesel engine delivers an exceptional performance and raw power of 90 PS. The Variable Geometry Turbocharger and the low-end torque of 200 Nm @1750-3000RPM ensures out of the box performance. It has F-tronic AMT in diesel power train; this in turn enhances its performance.
It has 9 variants including 4 petrol and 5 deisel. Its petrol variant aims a mileage of 17.6 kmpl while diesel aims at 23 kmpl.
What you’ll like:
• India’s first diesel-automatic in the C1 segment. Affordable, convenient & low running costs
• Build quality, fit and finish are on par with competitors. Tata has made significant improvements
• Spacious well-designed interiors & comfortable seats. A rare compact sedan that can seat 5 adults
• 1.2L turbo-petrol has class-leading torque and impressive low-end driveability
• Balanced suspension offers compliant ride quality mated to neutral handling. Nice EPS too
• Light controls, agreeable ergonomics and good refinement. Drives like no mass market Tata car has before
• Features: 3-driving modes (petrol), LED DRLs, projector headlamps, 5″ touchscreen, parking sensors, voice commands & more.
Finally, an impressive product from Tata with best-in-class features, space and comfort. The Revotron engine is a gem. Also, a much-need mass market diesel automatic now in town. Engine and gearbox combination offers good driveability. Stellar ride and handling.
Tata zest is available in the market with a price tag of INR 4.84-7.31 LAKH ($7816.91-$11781.78 Us dollar).