Tutorial To Install TWRP Recovery In Sony Xperia Z3:
1) To get started, download Fastboot, extract it and save the extracted files in a folder in your desktop. Next, download the Kernel image given below based on your device’s model number:
D6653 / D6603 23.0.1.A.5.77
D6653 / D6603 23.0.A.2.105
D6653 / D6603 23.0.A.2.93
2) Once done, connect your smartphone to the computer with the help of original USB data cable.
3) Next, go the Fastboot folder, press shift and right-click on an empty space. You will see “open Command Window here” option. Click on it to open “Command Prompt“.
4) Now enter the following command to boot your device into Fastboot mode:
adb reboot fastboot
5) Once in fastboot mode, enter the following command to flash the Kernel image which you have downloaded in Step 1.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
(replace boot.img with the name of the kernel image you have downloaded).
6) Once the flashing process is over, enter the following command to reboot your device normally:
That’s it. Now you have successfully installed TWRP custom recovery in your Sony device. Now, let’s find out how to root your Xperia Z3 smartphone.
Tutorial To Root Sony Xperia Z3 (D6653/D6603/D6633):
1) To get started, download SuperSU and save it in your computer. Next, connect your smartphone to the computer and transfer the downloaded SuperSU file to your device’s internal memory. Once done, disconnect your smartphone from the computer.
2) Now, switch off your device and boot it into the TWRP recovery mode. To do that, press and hold the Volume Up and power button simultaneously.
3) Once in the recovery mode, click on “Install” and select the SuperSU file (Step 1). This will start the SuperSU flashing process. Once it is done, click on “Reboot“.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting your Xperia Z3 smartphone. To confirm, look for SuperSU in the apps Menu. If it’s there, then the process is successful. Also, you can use the Root checker app from Google Play store to find out the root privileges of your device.
If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.