You will have to install ADB and Fastboot in your computer. To do so, download full Android SDK zip package. Once downloaded, extract the zip package, save it’s content in a folder in your desktop and name it as “android-sdk-windows” without quotes. Next, open the folder and click on SDK Manager.exe. Now install the following packages: Tools -> Android SDK Tools, Android SDK Platform-tools andExtras -> Android Support Library, Google USB Driver.
Once done, go back to the android-sdk-windows folder and you will see a new folder by the name “platform-tools”. This will finish the ADB and fastboot installation.
Tutorial To Root OnePlus One Smartphone:
Rooting your OnePlus One is actually a pretty easy task but before that you will need to unlock your device’s bootloader and install a custom recovery. Let’s find out how to do that and root your OnePlus One smartphone.
a) How To Unlock Bootloader Of OnePlus One Smartphone:
1) To get started, you will need to switch off your smartphone and boot into the fastboot mode. To do that, press and hold the volume up and power button simultaneously while your device is switched off until you see the fastboot text in your smartphone screen.
2) Once done, connect your device to the computer using the original USB data cable. Next, open a command window in your computer and enter the following commands:
3) If you see your device model number in the command window after entering the above commands, you are ready to proceed to the next step. If you doesn’t see your smartphone model number, you will have to reinstall the USB drivers and try this process again.
4) Now, to unlock the bootloader enter the following command:
fastboot oem unlock
5) Once done, enter the following command to reboot your device:
6) That’s it. Now you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your smartphone. Upon rebooting, you will have to enable USB debugging mode by following this guide. Also, you will have to disable CM recovery protection by following the path: Settings > Developer options -> Update recovery with system updates (disable this option).
Now, you can close the command prompt and disconnect your smartphone from the computer. Next, you will have to install a custom recovery in your OnePlus One smartphone. Let’s find out the process below.
b) Tutorial To Install Custom Recovery In OnePlus One Smartphone:
1) To get started, download TWRP recovery, rename it as “recovery.img” and save the file in the “platform tools” folder of “android-sdk-windows” folder. Next, switch off your device and boot into the fastboot mode by pressing and holding the volume up and power button.
2) In fastboot mode, connect your smartphone to the computer. Next, open a command window in your computer and enter the following commands to flash the custom recovery:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
3) Once the flashing process is over, enter the following command to reboot your device:
That’s it. Now you have successfully installed a custom recovery in your OnePlus One smartphone and you can disconnect your smartphone from the computer.
To wind up, let’s find out how you can root your device.
c) Tutorial To Root OnePlus One Smartphone:
1) To get started, download SuperSU zip package and save it in the “platform tools” folder of “android-sdk-windows” folder.
2) Next, switch off your device and boot into the custom recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume down and power button. Now, in recovery mode connect your device the computer and enter the following commands, to transfer the SuperSU zip file to your device’s SD card:
adb push UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.XX.zip /sdcard/
(Replace X in SuperSU-vX.XX.zip with the downloaded version of SuperSU zip file in your computer).