Floors come in a myriad of choices, but tile remains an attractive choice among homeowners. Unlike hardwood floors, tile floors are durable, waterproof, easy to install and available in an array of styles. Most importantly, they don’t require as much maintenance as carpets do. However, if you want your tile floors looking like new for years, you should know how to clean them properly. Below are the best ways to clean tile floors, whether they are ceramic, vinyl or stone.
Clean Your Tile Floors Regularly
Don’t wait until your tile floors get really dirty, as you may want to avoid using strong chemicals that will degrade your tiles in the long run. Plus, who wants to spend hours kneeling on the floor just to scrub away stubborn stains? To prevent these problems, you should learn how to clean tile floors on a frequent basis. Cleaning tile floors routinely or even daily may sound tiresome. But, it’s not as hard as you think. You just need to follow these simple steps.
1. Sweep your tile floors daily with a fluffy dust mop or vacuum to remove loose dust and dirt. Remember, you should never use a straw broom to replace either the dust mop or vacuum because that will scratch your tiles.
2. Believe it or not, mopping the floor with warm water once a week will help your tiles stay nice and shiny. If you are looking to hire a cleaning pro to take care of your tile floors, you can see how much it will cost in your area through our house cleaning cost guide.
3. Dry the floor right after damp mopping to avoid new dirt from quickly setting in wet areas and becoming hard-to-remove grimes.
4. Wipe up spills, including water, immediately by using absorbent cloths. However, for those dirtier spills like pet accidents or dropped raw meat, you have to clean them with a cleanser or disinfectant. Since strong chemicals may dull your tiles, try to only spray the area where spills occurred.
5. Put a doormat both outside and inside your home to eliminate tracking mud or water on your tile floors. This step is especially important during rain and snow seasons.
Apply Deep Cleaning Solutions From Time to Time
Does your tile floor look nasty no matter how often you mop? Try a stronger cleaning solution. These different deep-cleaning solutions will remove greasy residues and stains without damaging your tiles.