Flirting for some people is like trying to watch a Sajid Khan film- you’re trying to make sense of how to do it, but you fail every single time. It’s not your fault, though; you’re just not blessed with the flirting gene. It really sucks to know that people around you are good at it, and compared to that, you’re just about as good at it as a chimp would be.
Following are the struggles of people who just can’t flirt:
1. You realized this truth about yourself because of several failed attempts at flirting
And it sucked.
2. And every time you think of how you had tried to flirt, it makes you cringe
Can’t believe I actually did that and expected it to work. *tries to erase memory permanently*
3. There is nothing that can make you feel worse than reading tips on how to flirt
Lies. All lies.
4. Because of your bad flirting skills, you’re pretty much the mayor of the friendzone
Huh. No thanks.
5. Being stared at weirdly when you try a line is not new to you
Wanted to look like Joey Tribbiani, ended up looking like Chandler Bing.
6. You’re very, very aware of how weird you get when you’re trying to flirt
And yet, you can’t stop.
7. Since you’re not blessed with the talent of flirting, you aren’t blessed with understanding when someone’s flirting with you
“She winked at you, dude.”
“Lol I think her eye was twitching lol.”
8. You don’t even bother thinking about talking to your crush, because you know how it’ll end if you try
Starting with nausea and excessive sweating, to probably dying.
9. Social media is your best friend when it comes to talking to someone you find attractive
It’s your mojo. If you were as good in person as you were on Facebook, life would be simple. Buuuut it’s not.
10. You honestly wonder how your friends can flirt so well
*Goes green with jealousy*
11. They’ve tried to help you out by giving you tips on how to do it, but you just can’t
Continue keeping eye contact while eating a banana? Wut?
12. Being in bars and watching other people getting their game on is the worst
Ugh people with skills ugh.
13. But, overall, when you’re not cursing your stars every time an attractive person walks by, you’re pretty chill about yourself
It’s okay. It’s okay. IT’S OKAY.
14. On rare occasions, your bad flirting skills actually make you come across as cute
15. And you know that someday, your natural charm and charisma will woo someone, without you even trying
It’s called connecting with someone, bitches.