The first love- there’s nothing like it. Being in love for the first time is almost magical a feeling, and the memories of it remain etched in our minds forever. The entire experience is like a little fairy tale-a fairy tale we hope never ends. While some are lucky to have a lasting relationship with the first person they ever fell in love with, some of us have to endure the gut-wrenching pain of it ending. A part of us changes forever, and eventually, we become grateful for it because it makes us who we are.
Here are 12 life lessons we learn from our very first love.
1. You will make mistakes- a lot of them
But, that’s how you learn.
2. It’s completely okay to be vulnerable
It is, indeed, a sign of strength.
3. Things don’t always work out
And the best thing to do, is accept it.
4. At the end of the day, the unapologetic, unadulterated version of you is what counts
Because you can’t be prim, proper, and perfect all the time.
5. Obsession is temporary; love is permanent
The passion might fade, the security and affection stay back. And that’s what you should strive for.
6. The end of one thing is the beginning of something better
You’re always moving forward. Embrace it.
7. You are as strong as you decide to be
No matter how difficult the task at hand, you’re always equipped to deal with it. All you have to do, is try.
8. Time is an important tool for one to heal
When all else fails, give it time. And patience.
9. Often, things happen when you least expect them
So, don’t run too far after them.
10. You, and only you, are the master of your emotions
Only you’ll know how to deal with yourself, and no one else.
11. With every experience, you wake up a wiser person
Don’t underestimate anything you face. It’s all a part of who you are, and who you will be.
12. And finally: you will, by all means, find love again
And when you do, it’s going to be better, and so much more special than the last.
“Forget what hurt you in the past, but never forget what it taught you.”