India is overwhelmed with the presence of so many cricket fanatics. Cricket is more than a religion here. Even the ones who do not follow any sport, follow the status of cricket. Whenever there is a cricket match between two popular teams, all of a sudden, employees are on sick leaves, students score-less in exams, there is less traffic on the road and what not.
So here’re some amazing facts about World Cup 2015 for all the ardent cricket followers out there:
1. None of the teams mentioned in the chart have defeated any team that lie above them. This is pool A final points tally for you.
2. Team India and Nike revealed a rather amusing fact about the lightweight team kit. Each jersey and bottoms are made of 33 recycled bottles.
3. Other than the aforementioned fact, the jersey has a Nike logo on the right hand for a right-handed batsman and on the left hand for a left handed batsman.
4. There’s an extra amount of prize money for the team that remains unbeaten. Therefore, if India or New Zealand wins the match, they will receive $ 4.6 million, instead of $ 4.3 million.
5. Sachin Tendulkar has been made World Cup Ambassador consecutively for two years; 2011 & 2015.
6. Ireland is the only team that has made 300+ runs, three times in World Cup.
7. India VS Pakistan was the most watched match in the World Cup history.
8. Afghanistan’s Usman Ghani aged 18 years is the youngest player in this world cup.
9. Afghanistan made its World Cup debut.
10. The match between India and Pakistan that was held on 15th of February sold out its tickets within 12 minutes of going on the sale.