Here are few things about India that every Indian should know:
1. 100,000 new people are getting added to the Indian Middle Class every single day
2. Tamil is one of the official languages of Singapore
3. India and China together hold 20% of world’s arable (area suitable for a significant yield), creating half of the world’s rice and 30% of the world’s wheat
4. India has 17.5% of the world’s population
5. It is not Delhi, but Uttar Pradesh followed by Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan & West Bengal to have most rape cases
6. India has made it to the list of world’s biggest players in clean energy
7. One of the most remarkable achievements in Global health is a polio-free India
8. Indian Defense Achievements have been quite promising too. India has more aircraft carriers than China, launched numerous spy satellites, got its nuclear trade complete and a lot more
9. 2015 is extremely promising in terms of low inflation, peaked growth, healthy stock markets and new opportunities coming in. The World Bank expects 6.4% growth in India in 2015
10. In the past decade, 8 million female fetuses have been aborted in India
11. Indian Army is the world’s third largest standing army comprising over 1.1 million men in uniform
12. Indian healthcare is cheap and affordable because of the hard work done by Indian doctors who broke expensive treatments to the point where they’d be reduced in price and worthy
13. India is also home to world’s cheapest skiing lessons which are taught at the slopes of Joshimath
14. India has the second largest network of paved highways, after the U.S.
15. Nearly 49% of the high-tech startups in Silicon Valley and Washington, D.C. are owned by Indians or Indian-Americans
16. By volume of pills produced, the Indianpharmaceutical industry is the world’s second largest after China
17. 100 of the Fortune 500 companies have R&D facilities in India
18. Expected to be among world’s top 10 wealth centers in the world, India’s total number of mobile phone subscribers has reached 930.20 million as of September 2014
The world is not black and white. No wonder, the above list has both negative and positive aspects to it. Let’s focus on our strengths and fight back the evil.
We are evolving every minute. The journey has just begun!