Papaya juice can be a smooth, creamy texture which provides an amazing experience for palate, while providing healthy dose of nutrients and minerals like calcium, chlorine, iron, phosphorus, potassium, etc. There are many benefits of this juice and it’s particularly useful in curing diseases related to blood, constipation and heart. Per calorie, papaya contains as much vitamin C as oranges; one cup, or 55 calories, has 144% of your daily need of vitamin C and 31% of vitamin A.
Papaya is also an excellent source of folate and a good source of potassium and fiber. In addition, papaya contains the carotenoids, lutein, zeaxanthin, and lycopene, which have been shown to protect the eyes from free-radical damage, and lower the incidence of many cancers. It has many great health benefits, but it’s also used extensively in beauty products and is known to give that healthy glow. Here are a few ways on how you can use them for your skin. You can also make your own papaya body creams, oils, masks, and shower bath by checking out our previous article here.
10 Ways Papaya Is Best For The Skin
You can use papaya leaf juice as an effective cleansing agent. The karpain compounds in it have the property to inhibit micro-organisms and all other kinds of toxins. As such, it makes your skin clear and clean. Pimples, blemishes, freckles, and all other such skin problems are effectively fought against.
Eczema is effectively treated using papaya leaf juice. Take the juice from papaya leaves and use it to apply over the affected areas. Make sure you scrub your skin well before applying.
3. Heals open wounds and sores
Open wounds and sore can be treated using fresh papaya leaf juice.
4. Making skin softer
To make hardened skin soft, you can use papaya leaf extract. Take the milky juice which is extracted from the tip of the papaya leaves for this purpose.
5. Scrubs dead skin cells
It is a great source of vitamin A and Papain, which help in removing dead skin cells and also breaks down the inactive proteins.
6. Hydrates skin
The property of “Low Sodium Quality” helps keep your skin hydrated.
If you apply finely grounded paste of raw papaya on your face for 25 minutes, it helps remove unwanted pimples and blemishes.
8. Prevents discoloration
Applying papaya prevents discoloration of skin. The peel of papaya helps in whitening legs.
9. Treats ringworms
Raw papaya treats ringworms. Rub a few slices on the ringworm patches to reduce the inflammation.
Papaya reduces signs of aging on the face.
What Skin Types Can Use Papaya Juice?
All the skin types can draw benefits from eating papaya; however papaya especially unripe green ones should be avoided in pregnancy as they can induce abortion or premature delivery (studies available). For topical use, before using lemon on your skin, determine your skin type and then follow these guidelines:
• Oily skin types: Can add multani mitti (Fuller’s earth) or clay to mashed papaya to help absorb the oil along with other ingredients.
• Dry skin types: Can use the pulp alone or with aloe vera, honey, rose water etc.
• Non- Sensitive skin types: Should prefer unripe green papaya because of higher papain content but ought to do a patch test before using it for the first time.
• Sensitive skin types: Should avoid unripe green papaya as it has higher concentration of latex in addition to papain which might increase the chances of allergy and irritation. Patch test is highly recommended.
• Pigmented skin type: Can use papaya face pack and scrub to lighten the skin of face and body.