Family- we can’t live without them. Joint families means twice more fun than a regular family-there are so many people, and so many companions as we’re growing up. The joys are incomparable, but so are the struggles.
Here are a few things we experience living in a joint family.
1. There is no such thing as personal space
2. There is an insane amount of food made every single day
There will never be a shortage of food. Midnight snacks, bring it on!
3. Even when you’re alone, you’re not really alone
Mom and dad leave town for a month?
Awesome Uncle-aunty live right under the same roof.
4. Make way for a family whatsapp group, where no one will ever stop spamming
This is when you start detesting technology in general.
5. You have to share your food, even if sometimes you don’t feel like it
*Cousin comes and steals a piece of chicken off your plate* WTF.
6. You always had company to play with
And, you always had a partner for all pranks and the ‘masti’.
7. And train journeys were super duper fun
Especially when your family occupied the entire section of berths. YAY.
8. There are no dinners that you have spent eating all by yourself
And, dinner orders placed were never, EVER, for a single person.
9. Every teacher in your school knew you lived in a joint family, because your cousins were pretty much in the same school
Convenience at its best. And if you fell in trouble, you’re sure that one of your siblings will blurt it out at home.
10. Many women= lots of gossip
Can’t hear and know enough about distant aunties and uncles.