Okay, let’s face it. Being in the friendzone sucks. It is indeed the cruelest thing a woman can do to a man who is romantically interested in her. And, you don’t have to be ashamed of it. Some people find love easy; some don’t – that’s how it is. If you too have been unlucky in getting the girl you desire, here are 13 things you’d instantly relate to.
1. You feel you’re constantly being taken advantage of by her, just because you’re a nice guy.
2. Despite knowing she doesn’t love you, there is nothing in the world you wouldn’t do for her. You’ve never been so selfless in your entire life and you hate how you cannot control being so nice to her every time.
3. Even though you’re always there for them, there’s nobody you can share your pain with. It is indeed lonely in the friendzone.
4. It is heartbreaking to know you might never end up with the person you really love because she might never realise the importance of what she has already.
5. You can never get used to the ecstatic feeling you get when she drops a hint, despite knowing it is a false one and she still doesn’t look at you ‘that way’. You can never really understand why she says what she says when she doesn’t even mean it.
6. If her boyfriend isn’t around and all her friends are busy, she knows she can count on you. She knows you will always be at her disposal, which is why she always takes you for granted.
7. She never seems to get any of the hints you drop. When everyone else around can see it, why can’t she?
8. You know you’re so much better than the douchebag she has a crush on. You’re everything she has ever wanted in a guy. More than that, you know there’s nobody who’d love her more. If only, she’d realise.
9. It literally kills you when she talks about how hard it is to find good guys. “Hello, I’m right here!”
10. People think you’re a loser but they fail to understand you’re just a simple, honest, loyal person in love with somebody.
11. Wanting to break away but still holding on because you cannot fight the urge to be around them – worst feeling ever. It puts you in a fix every time.
12. Does she know or does she not know? You will never know. Sometimes she acts like she does, and the other times she looks right through you. Can she really not see how much you love her or does she pretend to not know? Damn, is there a way to find out?