Not all of us are same. While a financially secure job is all most men look for, there are a few of us who are just not made for the ‘office’ picture. There is so much more we want from life than just coffee breaks, appraisals and privileged leaves. And there is no way we’re settling in for anything less satisfying. If you think you’re one of us, this one goes out to you! Here are 20 signs you’re just not meant for a 9-5 desk job.
1. You want to be able to decide when to begin your day. You want to work when you want to, the way you want to. There goes the concept of 9-5 in the bin.
2. Formals? No way. You want to live in your denims – that’s who you are. Following dress codes is a ridiculous concept anyway that you just refuse to follow.
3. More than that, you’re just too restless to be seated at one place for 8 hours. It’s almost like being chained.
4. You see no point sitting inside a glass box knowing there is a whole world out there.
5. Your mind just doesn’t work around those boring computer screens and a phone that reminds you of hospitals every time it rings. You want something like a whole wall to express yourself!
6. Nothing puts you off more than seeing people hate every minute of their day at work. You’d rather be around inspiring people who love what they do, because your work is your passion, not a ‘job’.
7. You can’t wait to scoot out of the office the moment the clock strikes 6 and do what you love, the rest of the day.
8. You hate how all offices run solely on hierarchy. You feel being pulled down by it more than being pushed forward.
© Thinkstock photos/Getty images
9. No matter how much you try, your mind just drifts away every time you begin working. You can’t be contained. You have to be set free to bring out the best in you.
10. You’re probably too outgoing and ‘alive’ to fit in to the straight faced, lifeless people at work. Oh no, no, you don’t give two hoots about maintaining the ‘decorum’, whatever that is.
11. You want to create something of your own, not spend your whole life living an insignificant life, working for someone who probably doesn’t even know you exist.
12. You’re a perfectionist. You need your own space to do things, at your own pace – like waiting for the sun to set for that perfect picture. You don’t believe in doing things just for the sake of it.
13. Life is too short to waste in rat races. You refuse to be a part of the herd.
14. You hate Mondays, in fact you loathe ‘em. You desperately need to be in a place where you look forward to Mondays.
15. Travelling is not just your passion; it is your way of life. From the depths of the seas to the thin air at the top of mountains – there’s so much to see in just one life! There is no way you’re giving up what you love the most for a desk job.
16. You don’t believe in rules. No, not like a rebel-without-a-cause. You just want to figure it out on your own instead of going by what people tell you. You’re here to make your own way.
17. You don’t have ‘aims’ in life. Only dreams. And you want to live them all. You owe it to yourself.