The weather outside is frightful, but being stuck indoors with your antsy kids? Unbearable (you know we had to). If you and your little ones have exhausted your Netflix faves and crafty Pinterest boards, no need to fear! This easy Polar Bear Snack is a great way to get some healthy food in their systems — and have fun while they’re at it. Make it a family affair with multiple polar bears — the more, the merrier!
Polar Bear Snack
- 3 slices white bread
- 2 white cheese slices (provolone, white cheddar, or mozzarella)
- 9 blueberries
- 1 apple
- Cut three circles out of bread using a circle cutter, or even a drinking glass. Here we used a standard coffee mug for two big bears and a jelly jar for baby bear. Enlist little hands for this step — or any of the steps below, really.
- Use a teaspoon to carve smaller circles out of the cheese — six circles total. Tip: push down, then wiggle side to side until you feel the teaspoon scraping your cutting board. Gently push one end so that the cheese pops out.
- Lay one circle on each of the three slices, for the snout. Cut remaining three circles in half, then lay these on top as ears.
- Place two blueberries on each face for eyes, and one on each cheese circle for the nose. Play around with placement until you get a “facial expression” that you like.
- Cut three long apple slices to be scarves. Trim them as needed to fit under each face. Then use apple scraps as the ends of each scarf. No need to fuss over these. Then position them at one end of each scarf.
- Serve right off the cutting board and you’re good! For the next half hour or so, at least…