Summer is the BEST for many reasons: You can wear dresses with no tights, rock tees with no jackets, and drink all of the iced coffee. But most of the things you love about summer get old by the time September hits, and you’re just ready for the leaves to change, cooler temps to kick in, and everything to be pumpkin spiced. So as painful as it is to go back to school, here are all the reasons to be excited summer is over.
1. You’ll sweat 100 times less. Bye boob sweat! Sure, you want to sweat when you’re working out, but not when you’re just taking a leisurely walk to Starbucks.
2. Your makeup will actually stay on. No more sweat means no more melting makeup! Yes, please.
3. Speaking of makeup, fall colors are the greatest. Deep plum lipstick, gold eyeshadow, smudgy brown eyeliner — darker shades can feel too dramatic in summer, but look so beautiful when your summer glow fades.
4. You can bust out your big comforter again. Is there anything better than cuddling up under a big, cozy blanket when it’s cool outside? Nope.
5. You don’t have to worry about shaving your legs. You can snooze for an extra 10 minutes, because once the weather cools off, tights become your BFF.
6. Your Instagram feed will be on point. There’s no better background for your OOTDs and selfies than colorful foliage and falling leaves.
7. Your hair will actually stay in place. Without the frizz-producing mixture of heat and humidity, your hair will look the same when you get to school as it did when you left the house.
8. Outdoor fall activities are just a lot more fun. You’ll make amazing memories while apple picking, carving pumpkins, and roasting s’mores.
9. Sweaters, sweaters, and more sweaters. Whether it’s on-trend turtlenecks or cozy tunics, basically every sweater looks cute with jeans.
10. Your fave TV shows come back! Your queue will be full of all last year’s faves and the new shows you’re been waiting to premiere.
11. You don’t have to worry about chipping your pedi. Since you’ll be trading in your sandals for closed-toe boots, sneakers, and flats, you can totally skip your weekly DIY pedicure.
12. No more mosquitoes! No more stinging, swatting, and itching!
13. Pumpkin spice everything! PSLs are life. That is all.